Pure Gonzo Engineering

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Only Women and Young Boys Don't Have Facial Hair

I just got done watching Speedo, Wheaties, and every other American companies golden boy get his eighth gold metal. Did you know he got 1 Million dollars from Speedo for matching Spitz?

My question though is this: Could Phelps have done it with a sexy 70's stash like Spitz had?



Hell, Spitz didn't even wear goggles or a swim cap. Spitz didn't have 1 million bucks on the line. I'm sure he knew he'd make some endorsement deals with all his golds, but most likely not a big carrot like that in front of him.

Spitz was faster than his competition, enough so that he could have a big 70's mustache and still beat them. Had Phelps had that extra drag he would have lost the 100 Fly he won by .01 seconds.

I'm just not a big fan of media darlings in sports. Phelps is a great athlete, but quit telling me so, and no, I don't want to buy a red, white and blue Speedo with Phelps written across the ass.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home