Pure Gonzo Engineering

Monday, December 22, 2008

The Rain Will Kill Us All

Opposite of Dog cuts executive pay, freezes hiring, offers buyouts

When I first read this I was disappointed because I'm not going to get a raise in 2009 no matter how well I perform. I'm also not going to get about 8% of my bonus pay in 2010.

Then I was afraid I was going to lose my job at some point. I've got five years now with the company so the cuts would have to go pretty deep to get to me.

I'm going to DEFCON 1 though as far as internet usage and general productivity levels. I don't want any reason to be gotten rid of.

Then I found some opportunity in this. They are going to buy people out if they want. Tomorrow I plan on polishing the old resume and sending it to every large engineering company in Wisconsin. I only have until Jan 12. The odds are I won't even get an calls, but wouldn't it be tits if I got like $32K to leave Opposite of Dog and a new job in Wisconsin? It's a long shot, but why not try?

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • I feel the same way. My big ole company made some cuts and I looked at my job thinking, eh... I am the only from about Oklahoma west doing my job. No big deal...

    Then I was like... uh wait... I am the only one doing that job... What if they end that job? I have much in common with you on this but I have a 6 year head start and have been here 11.5 years. A buyout would be nice.... if there were a job to go to.

    By Blogger Steve, at 9:25 AM, December 23, 2008  

  • Not much better 'round here these days. They cleared out a bunch before Thanksgiving, and supposedly more coming in Feb.

    Just try to look busy I guess...

    By Blogger Nick, at 8:00 PM, January 07, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home