Pure Gonzo Engineering

Monday, December 01, 2008

I’m the Warm Little Center that the Life of the World Crowded Around.

We won our first hockey game of the year last night. We were playing the “best” team in the league. They had something like 2 goals against in their first four games. Their team was composed of a bunch of ex-Bradley players and other A-league players who got split up since there weren’t enough players for an A-league. We also only had two lines. We didn’t really have that high of hopes coming into the game.

We ended up beating them 6-5. It was pretty nice. They all had salty looks on their faces as we shook their hands after. I had two sort of chances I would have liked to have gotten goals. I was standing in front of the net, and one of our guys shot the puck. The goalie was on the far right side of the net. The puck came squirting out the left side. I had a wide open net, and position on the defensemen. The defensemen grabbed my stick and held it so I couldn’t take a shot. I could have kicked the damn puck in there was so much time from when it came out and the goalie actually realized where it was. I did draw the penalty.

The second, I was in front of the net, and I had a sweet tip from a shot from our defensemen from the point. It was about hip high and rising and I knocked it down. It bounced on the ice perfectly and ended up going between the goalies legs, but he dropped on it fast enough to cover.

After the first period I stepped on something and it jacked up my right outside edge. It made it so I couldn’t power turn to the right. I was playing left wing which made it incredibly hard to play the rest of the game. I couldn’t turn back the correct way when I had to transition from offense to defense. It really took away from almost all the other parts of my game. I was too preoccupied with thinking about compensating for that bad edge to effectively stick handle, shoot, or pass. I just tried not to fuck up too badly and cost us a bad goal.

I’ve got this nasty claustrophobic feeling at work now. I need to wear headphones more to just pretend there aren’t way too many people around me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home