Pure Gonzo Engineering

Sunday, December 07, 2008

I Keep it All Up Here So I Can't be Replaced

As the economy continues it's downward spiral into oblivion, Opposite of Dog is taking measures to continue making money. Kind of freaks me out. Back when I got hired it was kind of on the upswing of the 9-11 economic downturn, and I there were some times when we cut back on travel and hiring, but now they are doing things that concern me, getting rid of contract scum (and I say that lovingly), reducing or eliminating raises for promotions or developmental moves, checking cell phone records to make sure you're using it at an appropriate level. I'm guessing internet usage is next, that's why I'm posting this on a Sunday morning. I've made a concentrated effort to reduce my at work internet time.

I've also decided to block the Opposite of Dog IP addresses from this blog. I'm using toolator.com, and I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but it worked blocking my home IP so it should block the Opposite of Dog IP.

Some people are having less work to do, or are getting shuffled to other programs as certain programs get their budgets taken away or reduced. Luckily I work on a product that is high volume and high profile. It's one of those linchpins to future success. I've got tests planned out for me through 2009.

On a non-end-of-days note, I scored my first B-League goal (maybe that's not true, I can't remember if I scored at all during summer league?) during our second win of the season. It felt pretty good. I always feel like I'm being judged and evaluated while playing even though this is a fucking rec league.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • Now might be a good time to re-read the employee handbook to refresh your memory on what is or is not appropriate behavior and conduct at work. While no single violation will get you in trouble short of stealing, defrauding the company or going postal, you don't want them to get any dirt on you that could be used to justify your termination, pay raise or promotional opportunties.

    BTW, I hear there's a Senate seat available in Illinois. If you have enough money, you could buy your way into that as a fall back position.

    CT

    BTW

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:55 AM, December 10, 2008  

  • P.S. Maybe they should send Sarah Palin down from Alaska to Illinois to clean up that swamp :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:59 PM, December 10, 2008  

  • Or Ted Stevens... oh wait...

    By Blogger lawryde, at 9:39 PM, December 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home