Pure Gonzo Engineering

Sunday, May 18, 2008

This response deserves a whole new post.

Rakhi seems to think that people who read my blog want to hear everything she has to say. They don't, so I save them from the foaming at the mouth rants (and that's all they are Steve, don't be pensive. Just add blah blah blah you're an ass blah blah blah your petty blah blah blah) and respond to the things I think are relevant to the discussion we're having.

She didn't like that 5 different people WHO HAVE CHILDREN and a decade old study agree with my opinion, so she went and posted again in our long debate. I'll again only respond to what I find relevant.

...I make double what he does, had a higher GPA in undergrad, and got a higher ACT score. I think its ridiculous that he needs to know this information about me because he thinks they are adequate measures of intelligence, success, etc. But he does. And that makes me giggle. A lot...

So perhaps I should have left him to his own devices to reconcile his ego in view of losing an argument with, among others, a geneticist Ph.D. candidate regarding genetics, telling her what acceptable scientific data is, and then looking for validation regarding developmental biology with a mechanical engineer and people who read his blog.

The mechanical engineer I consulted has children, unlike your mechanical engineering degree and expertise with your two year old niece.

That makes me giggle. Like a little girl wearing a ballet dress I can't resist putting on due to my hormones. You may have a piece of paper saying you have a degree in mechanical engineering, but that doesn't mean a damn thing. You probably realized you'd be a half ass engineer and would be better off doing something that is a huge drag on society.

You know what else makes me giggle? How on your profile page it says you understand the design process due to your undergrad work. That's a big fucking joke. Because if you did, you'd know that the design process is driven by facts and data, and in your latest retort, you say of course I make double what he does, and had a higher GPA after getting my undergrad, and had a higher ACT score. I told you numbers. Hard cold numbers.

You'd be a shit engineer, but you must be the best fucking first year patent attorney ever because everywhere I looked:

here

here

and here for example

there's no way in hell a small law firm like the one you work for is paying you $166K right out of the box. Maybe you do make more than me, but quit lying about making double, having just finished law school in 2007 and is admitted in Illinois only. (Whatever that means? They can pay you less?)

Also, let me know what you undergrad GPA was and ACT score was, be a proud strong woman who's better than this arrogant man , or is it hard to write down lies?

Facts and data, facts and data.

Which I still have yet to see about little boys and little girls tending to gravitate towards their gender specific toys being purely social. I just keep finding more people that agree with me that actually have first hand experience with children.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Who are these girls you are debating with? Friends? Anyone can find data that supports what they believe. Numbers can be twisted and turned to what ever your agenda may be. Being book smart and having no real world experience to back things up doesn't hold much water with me. The experience is worth way more than the book smarts and that is where you will learn more. Now don't twist my words, granted book smarts is important too. Being the mother of 3 - 2 boys and a girl - I definately see the difference. Yes, my middle boy does have some more nuturing (girl) qualities and will play with his "babies", feed them, etc. but when it comes down to it he would much rather get rough and touble and make guns out of legos with his older brother. My little girl is still to young to see if she likes guns or dolls. And why is it a bad thing that there is a difference between girls and boys? I'm proud to be a women but I've come to learn that I really don't care to do everything a man can do and I've given up trying. It's really not worth it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:16 AM, May 18, 2008  

  • I had a b minus average in college, got a BM in Music and sell soap for a living and make more than a lawyer and own two Porsches...

    My son is a boy, not even two... loves Tractors, Elmo and FIRE!!!

    What are you guys talking about again?

    By Blogger Steve, at 10:31 PM, May 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home