Pure Gonzo Engineering

Monday, April 28, 2008

The Oak Tree

At the end of the week and the beginning of the weekend I was getting incredibly frustrated with Carter. He was being two, and I wanted him to be 12.

Now, I wanted to cry when I dropped him off at a babysitter. We've got him in a hawk for the summer. He's this crazy little dude who loves jumping off things and talking about the sun going to sleep and where trucks and tractors are hiding. This little piece of me.

I can only hope I can be all that he needs me to be.

I'm there. I matter less than him, than his future brother, than my wife.

I'm there.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • Elijah starts talking and I cannot understand a fucking word he is saying yet. He wants to sit on my lap... so he can watch Elmo. That is all I can make out. He pontificates quite often... but it is all jibberish

    By Blogger Steve, at 9:27 PM, April 28, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home