Pure Gonzo Engineering

Monday, April 21, 2008

Lawryde is going to get paid to play Guitar Hero 3

Does that make me a Rock Star? It makes me something. (Tool, douche-bag, jackass).

My new division at Opposite of Dog is having a Talent / Hobby exposé on Thursday. When I first learned of this exposé I thought it was going to be stupid and kind of brushed it off. One of my fellow hydraulics system development comrades jested to me that we should play Guitar Hero, since we’re experts. Not experts in the way that those 8 year old kids on Youtube are, but Local Gods at the very least.

YES!, I told him. We’re going to get paid about $40 an hour to play Guitar Hero for about an hour and a half.

He wasn’t into it at first, but I got some buy in from our division manager’s administrative assistant, so it’s on. It should be a bit of fun at the very least. It’s got to be cooler than the people that are brining in their stamp collections or showing how they can juggle 12 coconuts in the air for an hour and a half.

This weekend was the first in a long time that I didn’t feel rushed, tired, or like I didn’t get to do things I wanted to. It was awesome outside. I got all the finishing touches done on the kitchen, finally.

We went to a park in the ghetto for a friend of Carter’s birthday, saw a bunch of cops get called to arrest some dude two houses away, but it was good fun playing with Carter.

We made a stomach cast of my wife’s pregnant belly, preceded by an awful drive around Peoria to find supplies and get gas in the car. It was still OK though since it was nice, and I was pushing the car and was gliding through traffic.

I shaved my head and trimmed my beard to a respectable length. I wanted a Mohawk, but it still didn’t seem appropriate for work.

We’ve got our names all squared away for baby #2. You don’t get to know until he’s born though. We’ve got a #1 pick, and a few others on deck just incase #1 just doesn’t seem to fit after seeing him.

I feel good, ready for the week.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home