Pure Gonzo Engineering

Monday, March 31, 2008

I’ve Never Ran Out of Material to Need That

I’m starting to be “over” C-league much like Phil already is. We lost both of our playoff games on Friday and Sunday night.

I told everyone before the game what I wanted to see. Some basic shit we weren’t doing. Our first game against Fire we were playing them really well in the first period. We were beating them 1-0 and then this fat ex-cop ref called two bullshit penalties against us and we were down 2-1. He continued his horrible calls and eventually we forfeited the game due to too many penalties. I was having fun most of the game sticking on their best player like glue and talking shit to him. One of their other dudes shaved off his firefighter/cop mustache and I was giving him shit about that. He retorted with the typical firefighter response of “You couldn’t do my job.” I told him he was right. I have a college education. I couldn’t do his job. I think he wanted to fight me after that, but I was at the safety of my bench.

Our second game was against Orange, the team we broke off from. I really wanted to beat them. We played an excellent game for the most part. We had the puck in their end for 70% and probably had over 50 shots on net. I personally had about 7 shots on net and 4 good scoring opportunities. Their goalie was on point, and whenever we drew close or ahead, they had one of their couple excellent players score a goal for them. We had to work hard for everything, and their one player would skate down and pop one in. No team effort.

I’m over C-league because of this dude on our team who we dubbed Lucky when we were playing against him. He happened to get placed on our team because I didn’t have a full roster. Lucky’s attitude last night pissed me off big time. No one is within twenty feet of him and the puck comes to him. He just swats it ahead with out taking the time to get control of it or skate it up. I specifically told everyone that I would rather see them get the puck taken away from them attempting to make a pass than just whacking it back to the other teams defense. He’s just skating around last night like he’s fucking running around a gym for a light workout. I concede this is only Peoria Men’s League Hockey, but if you don’t want to play with a little heart then just get a fucking gym membership.

I told everyone at the beginning of the tournament that we were going out for beer after we lost our second time. Only my tattooed buddies and I went out, the rest of them pussed out. Like I said, I’m over it.

I may or may not play in C again this summer since it’s a shortened season, and definitely not this next winter. Phil and some other dude already in B are getting a team together for next winter. I’ve reached a point where other poor players are stifling my skills. I need to play with people as good or better than me to get any better, and to have fun again. I can hold my own at Rat, which is all B and A leaguers. Rat is all I’ll have now until summer.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • "“You couldn’t do my job.” I told him he was right. I have a college education. I couldn’t do his job. "

    Pwnage!!

    By Blogger Steve, at 6:40 PM, March 31, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home