Pure Gonzo Engineering

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Game Fuel is a Substitute for Diesel Fuel

At my Dad’s retirement party a while back, I was envious of how many friends he had, and how much they liked him. Not in a mean spirited sort of way, just in a, how did he do that sort of way. He’s not overly outgoing or social, but people generally like him. All the people who had him as a teacher for 8th grade science said how cool and good of a teacher he was.

Perhaps it’s something genetic finally coming out of my DNA, or maybe I’m just aging well, but people seem to be starting to like me more. I wasn’t very likable in high school or college. I didn’t have a large social network of friends. I don’t exactly now, but I’m starting to. My hockey comrades really like the fact that I’m doing the legwork to get this team together. I’ve moved up into their top friends on Myspace as well. (Even though I hate Myspace). My wife’s friends, who are in some ways my friends since they are our friends with children, also have some sort of “friend love” towards me. My work friends are also developing more now that I’m working out in the sandbox. This more relaxed environment puts me more at ease or something.

So in addition to obscenely large eyebrows, an aptitude in the applied sciences, and a tendency to repeat myself in conversations, I’ve inherited my Dad’s general likeability.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • I'm losing friends... Nice weekend... easy to pick up a foursome for golf right? Nope... the foursome and two back ups dropped and it was me and my high school buddy.

    I joined Myspace to spy on the kids I hated... Amazing how what goes around comes around.

    By Blogger Steve, at 5:53 PM, September 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home