Pure Gonzo Engineering

Monday, August 20, 2007

Blood and Pressure

I’ve been an absolute klutz the last few days. I slammed my knee into the side of our bed a few days ago. I’ve been smacking my head against things in our low basement, and last night I stubbed my second toe (ring toe?) as I was walking up stairs. I stubbed it bad, and it started to bruise and blood started to pool under the nail. I was uncomfortable all last night since it just wouldn’t quit throbbing.

It was still a painful this morning, and it put me in a foul mood. It was like this beacon pulsing whatever I was doing.

I finally decided to go to the nurse at work. The nurse here is set up pretty good since there is the potential for serious injury here.

I showed it to her and she said she could drill through it with a cauterizing tool they had. I said sure since it was still beaming with pressure.

She had me lay down and told me she was going to have to press on it and I may feel some discomfort. I felt my blood pressure rise which made the toe hurt even more. I told her to go ahead, and I lifted my head up to take a look.

“You like to watch?” She said in an oddly obscene and sexual way.

I just gave a halfhearted chuckle and she fired up the cauterizing pen thing. I didn’t really feel anything as it began to make a whirring sound. Then she broke through and there was a quick sharp pain. I gave a little “ah” of pain and I saw a spurt of blood come out from the hole she had opened in the nail. It immediately felt better. No more throbbing, just the soreness of the stubbing.

She gave me some ice to put on it and then dressed it. It feels pretty good now. Still a bit sore, but not like before.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home