Pure Gonzo Engineering

Thursday, July 12, 2007


Look Mom, I'm a Redneck!

Testing max lift of a pipelayer all day at the Deadman+Lawryde never being out in the sun without sunscreen=Sunburn+Higher Risk of Skin Cancer

I'm not sure that math is all correct, I'm only an Engineer.

Also, Mechanic Dave proved to me why I like mechanics. He asked me why I was wearing long sleeves, was it to cover up tattoos? Yup I told him. No engineers have asked me why the hell I'm wearing long sleeve black Under Armour in the middle of summer. Dave's cool shit. We chatted about tattoos while we were setting up our test.

This job is pretty fucking sweet. (I have the feeling though that I'm going to read this again in like a year and a half and just laugh my ass off.)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • I'm kinda hurtin' from last nights "crash" and I am on some pain meds. When your picture first loaded, and before I got oriented I was like, "why did this guy take picture of his dork and post it up on his blog?"

    Sunscreen fact: Nothing works better than SPF 15. What 30 and 45 are made for is because people don't put enough 15 on so they make more concentrated 15 and call it 30 or 45 so people that only squeak on a little bit get the benefit of the 15 all lathered up.

    Great you like your job... I was promoted almost a year ago but didn't say anything.

    By Blogger Steve, at 12:27 AM, July 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home