Pure Gonzo Engineering

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Between those massive tits, that hung enormous like you’d think of Gods as big.

This has been a crazy busy weekend, and I’ve finally had a chance to catch my breath.

Friday was my last day, at my farewell lunch my coworkers put together the cheesy Top Ten Reasons Lawryde is leaving the section. It was pretty funny, and it made me realize people actually do like me at work, as abrasive and difficult to relate to as I can be.

As I was leaving the building I still didn’t really feel anything special. No sadness, fear, joy, whatever, just good that it was a nice sunny day. I guess that’s all you can really hope for in life, is to be able to enjoy the nice day when it comes.

Then I hauled ass home to take my wife and son to a friends 2 year birthday party. I dropped them off and went to get the oil changed on the Tucson. I’d do it myself, but to maintain the warranty, they make you get it serviced at the dealership.

When I got done I went back to the party and ate some burgers and hotdogs that didn’t really sit well with me, must have been all the lips, assholes and hooves.

We left early to prep for going out, which we hadn’t done in forever. I took a quick nap to try and settle the unrest in my stomach. By the time we were ready to leave, I felt better.

The plan was to stop at an Irish pub for a few drinks then head to the gay bar for a drag queen show. I’m comfortable enough in my heterosexuality that it doesn’t freak me out to go to a gay bar.

We met a few friends at the pub and had a few drinks. Most of our adult friends with kids are in their 30’s, but they’re good fun.

We headed into the gay bar which I’d never been in before. Most of the people I’ve ever drank with are not comfortable enough in their masculinity to set foot in a gay bar. It was pretty cool actually. We just hung out and drank for about half an hour until the drag show started.

Basically the drag queens come out and lip-sync and dance around on the main dance floor area. There were a couple that made convincing women. Two of the women in our group knew one of the queens. He’s their hairstylist. Again, I’m comfortable enough to say I would probably fuck him/her if the situation presented itself.

My wife and I left after the show was over at about 12:30. I took the babysitter home. I think that all cars should be required to by manual, that way, you know if you’ve had too much to drink if you can’t get your car moving. I was fine, and took the opportunity on the way back to push the little Elantra to it’s limits going up a winding road that the babysitter lived near.

I was bleary eyed and tired by the time I got back (I’d been up since 6:00AM), but I wasn’t going to miss out on post going out, post drinking sex. It didn’t disappoint.

The next day I got my hair cut so the new dudes at work didn’t think my Jew-fro was weird. My hair tends to poof out when it just grows back on it’s own after shaving it all off. Carter and I had swim lessons as well, so it was a full morning.

My wife was in charge of the Attachment Parenting picnic that afternoon so we got all of our stuff together and went to the park. It turned out to be a really nice day, and the picnic was fun. A bunch of families showed up and I shot the shit with a few other dads while the kids ran around. Carter kind of melted down near the end of the day, but he was super tired.

Today has been relaxing, and I’ve got a hockey game tonight. I’ll get to try out my new Oakley half shield, half cage I bought as a present to myself for the new job.

Then tomorrow is the big transition to the new job.

My posting frequency may drop for a bit since I’ll need to not abuse my internet privileges at work like I used to. Don’t want the new guys thinking I’m a slacker.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • I had a half shield once upon a time, but I didn't like it. I find the shield fogs up like crazy and nothing stops it.

    By Blogger E, at 11:30 PM, July 04, 2007  

  • "Then I hauled ass home to take my wife and son to a friends 2 year birthday party. I dropped them off and went to get the oil changed on the Tucson. I’d do it myself, but to maintain the warranty, they make you get it serviced at the dealership."

    I call bullshit. A dealership cannot revoke your warranty if you have your car serviced only by the dealership and not Jiffy Lube or any other state certified repair facility.

    Jew-fro? C'mon!!!

    By Blogger Steve, at 1:16 PM, July 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home