Pure Gonzo Engineering

Thursday, June 14, 2007

The End is Near

I’ve got about two weeks left at my current assignment at Opposite of Dog. Next month I’ll move out to the sandbox and do hydraulic development work on pipelayers, a subset of track type tractors. (No blade or ripper with a big boom and hook and a big counterweight on either side). I tend to enjoy laying pipe, so it should be a good fit for me.

That was a terrible joke.

I’ve worked at… about 9 different places thus far in my life, but never as long as I’ve been at this job. I’ll still be with the same company, but I’ve gone to the same building for three and a half years.

My physical plant tends to not work well with change. It makes me physically ill.

Maybe I’ve progressed mentally as a human being in the past few years, maybe this will go well.

Note to wife: Perhaps we should buy a swing for the devil baby you are watching. I’ve heard they calm the worst babies.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • I tried the swing when I was at Jen's...he liked it okay. I think she was borrowing it from Tammy, but was done with it so maybe we can borrow it next. I don't actually want to pay for one.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:38 PM, June 14, 2007  

  • Swings are over-rated! It's all about plastic balls and lots of them.

    By Blogger fromsteve, at 7:01 PM, June 14, 2007  

  • The big sandbox -- that's just freakin awesome -- and by right of producing young master Carter, yes congratulations you're a pipe layin' son o' a bitch.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:03 PM, June 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home