Pure Gonzo Engineering

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Money and fear are the mother and father of invention

You may remember several years ago I won fourth place at an invention competition at UW-Madison.

Looking back at that design, it really sucked. I attempted to fabricate and assembly a prototype, but it didn’t work. The system was too complex and overambitious for what it needed to accomplish. I still believe that the current tattoo machine is poorly designed and configured.

Since then I’ve come up with a new design that isn’t as far of a departure from the classic electromagnetic coil machine.

I’ve got all the prints done for this new design. I just need to find some money to get the pieces fabricated.

In an ideal world, this machine would work perfect, I would get Kalib to test it on me, then he would start using it to do tattoos on several people, get a portfolio of work together done by the new machine. Then get a few more machines made and start selling them to other artists, start a website, get more people interested in it. Start selling it, making money, enough to be my own boss. Hire a few people to assemble it while I go to tattoo conventions selling it and meeting cool people. Get the hell out of the corporate world, and get some hand tattoos. Hang out at shops and sell my machine. Go down in history with Edison, Waters, O'Reilly, and Nightingale as the fathers of the modern tattoo machine.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • The problem is the size and shape of people. It's hard to make a uniform structured piece of equipment for the human body and expect it to fit every.

    (Like you care what I say anyway, right?)

    By Blogger Steve, at 5:39 PM, May 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home