Pure Gonzo Engineering

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

We just found out this place ex-is-ted

Last night I was trying to find something interesting to watch while my son fell asleep in my arms.

The best thing I could find was Countdown with Keith Olbermann. He had a piece on about how President McDouche vetoed the Iraq war funding bill on the 4 year anniversary of the “Mission Accomplished” speech, and how Orwellian the “mission” has become. First it was to remove a brutal dictator, then it was to get rid of WMD’s, then it was to produce a free and democratic Iraq, now it’s to prevent a terrorist foothold, the perpetual war to fuel the machinery of politics.

During the first commercial break, I saw an add for VS. network and the NHL playoffs. It gave the digital cable channel it was so I decided to flip to it. I had thought that this was a subscription channel. I was surprised to find out that I don’t have to pay extra for it. The Rangers and Sabers game was on. I had watched part of the game on Sunday where the Rangers won in double OT. I decided to become a Rangers fan for the playoffs since they are the number 6 seed and Buffalo is #1 in the East. After the crushing Red Wings playoff loss of 1996, I decided to never become emotionally involved in a teams performance and just enjoy the sport.

Anyway, it was nice to watch some playoff hockey during the week, and the Rangers won, even though it probably should have gone into OT. A final attempt by the Sabers seemed like a goal, but the video review was inconclusive. Good Hockey.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home