Pure Gonzo Engineering

Monday, August 13, 2007

The Amazing Boy

I’m in complete amazement of Carter. He’s 19 months old yesterday, and his mind has just exploded.

I’ve lost count of how many words he knows now. It’s got to be in the hundreds. He can follow commands now, and wants to be helpful rather than destructive. He’ll put things away. He says when he’s ready to go to sleep. He’s awesome.

We were at an Attachment Parenting meeting on Saturday, and he walked up to a little baby and gently patted her head.

He grabbed a dump truck and was pushing it around bent over. As I watched him zoom around the room, my heart swelled up and I felt like I was going to start crying. He’s the most perfect little creation.

I know no one really gives a shit about other peoples kids, but when an emotion hits me that hard, I have to share it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • No... I wasn't sitting here waiting for your next post. :)

    I care about the emotions of parents of kids. My son turned 1 on Friday (which your wife knows because she reads my blog) and I am still trying to figure out how his first legitimate words are "Uh oh!" when he drops a toy or sippy cup onto the ground. How did he not just start saying cat, or dog or fuck (which he hears with much frequency around the house) randomly? Not only did he say a word but used the meaning of the word in the context of what 'Uh oh' really means. That fascinates the fucking shit out of me!

    By Blogger Steve, at 2:29 PM, August 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home