Pure Gonzo Engineering

Friday, August 03, 2007

It's Lawryde to you.

I’ve got a few moments here and I finally have some things to say.

I really like my new job, and got some big accolades from my boss after completing my first test report

Lawryde-

This is an excellent letter - well written, concise, action oriented recommendations, and easy to understand. In the attached file, you will see that I do propose a few edits, and I have also inserted some comments and questions that I'd like to discuss (or that you can just answer by email if you prefer). Please make the changes you feel are warranted and send it back, and we will get it published. Nice job.

B*** D***


My wife really deserves most of the credit for my above engineer average writing skills. In college she made sure my writing wasn’t garbage and apparently taught me well.

There is this one dude who keeps calling me by the shortened version of my name. Everyone else calls me by my full name, yet he feels it’s ok to shorten it. I don’t really want to bring it up to him and sound like a dick, but I hate it when my name is shortened. It’s the apostle who’s name starts with A, and I can’t stand how the shortened version sounds. It makes me feel like I’m being called like a little child. It’s not Law or Ryde or Lawy, it’s fucking Lawryde.

I read that the bridge that collapsed in Minnesota was deemed structurally unsafe back in the 90’s. I’m sure it wasn’t fixed because there wasn’t enough tax money to go around. People shouldn’t bitch about taxes. They pay for the roads you drive on, the schools you have, the police and fire protect you enjoy, and many other infrastructure niceties people take for granted. When there isn’t enough money, bridges fall down, crime goes up, shit falls apart. TAXES ARE GOOD. THEY HELP EVERYONE.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • pay more taxes then... You want to give more, don't claim Carter then.

    One dude around my company likes to call me by my full first name and it fucking pisses me off to no end. And the fucker spells it wrong in emails because I use the "ph" version and he uses the "v". Fuck that dude... I hear you man...

    By Blogger Steve, at 5:05 PM, August 03, 2007  

  • I know someone with the same name that goes by Drew, which is better than Andy. CT

    By Blogger Chris, at 1:17 PM, August 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home