Pure Gonzo Engineering

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Steve Calls Out Lawryde

Well, Steve called me out, so I thought I’d write something.

I’m going through a bit of a creative dry spell. I like my work now, so I can’t bitch about that. I’m not really in a writing mood, and nothing particularly interesting has been happening.

I’m listening to Harry Potter right now; I already know how it ends. My wife read it in 8 hours. I enjoy listening to the books while I drive and work. I imagine its kind of like listening to old time radio programs since the dude who reads them does voices and adds appropriate inflection.

I got my operators license at work. That means I get to drive Track Type Tractors and Pipe Layers when I get the chance. It kind of gives me an appreciation for what this company actually does. When I was designing, I was so disconnected from the product. Now I can go and fire up a D11 and take it for a spin. If you never have before, it’s kind of like driving a small house that can push 80 of cubic yards of dirt.

Turns out I’m pretty bad with money. I’m just too weak, and there are so many things I want.

Carter is learning a bunch of new words, and it’s good that he’s being super cute, because he’s got a few annoying habits, like hitting and spitting out water.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Yeah... that's the spirit! You can always guest post on my blog and tell me how much you hate Republicans!

    Listening to books is awesome. I have been listening to the Reagan Diaries. Interesting stuff hearing what he knew... and didn't!! (Israel taking out Iraq's nuke plant in 1981! Wow!!)

    There is a video going around the net of these kids telling people what happens in Harry Potter while driving by bookstore lines. Funny shit!

    By Blogger Steve, at 10:25 PM, July 24, 2007  

  • thanks for the update. Sounds like fun driving that house around.Enjoy the fact that you are liking work and nothing much is happening, life can be too full of drama at times- bask in the peace!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:07 AM, July 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home