Pure Gonzo Engineering

Friday, September 14, 2007

The Devilish Little Boy

“I wake up in the morning, fold my hands and pray for rain, I’ve got a head full of ideas that are driving me insane.”

Carter has become a real dick in the past few weeks. He’s 20 months now. He wants to do things, and wants us to do things for him that he can’t fully express, and he gets frustrated, which in turn frustrates us. It’s a good thing he’s so lovable.

“well, I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you, to be just like them”

I’m putting together a hockey team for the winter league. It’s going to be some dudes at Opposite of Dog I know, and some of my tattooed friends I’ve played with in years past. I somehow feel important since I’m doing the legwork of putting the team together. I think that makes me the Captain.

It’s should be a good solid team, no single fantastic players, a good team. I’m hoping to put something together to face off against the team of younger kids I was playing on. They failed to see the fun in making a nice pass, and just wanted to score a bunch of goals so they’d get a piece of ass from their high school sweeties after the game.

I was listening to a 90’s resurrection weekend on Labor Day, and they played the Might Mighty Bosstones-Never had to Knock on Wood. It reminded my of my high school friend Jay. He really dug(digs) Ska music.

I miss having a friend like him. I still onsider us friends, but he lives two hundred miles away from me. I don’t know that I have time for real in depth friendships anymore. I don’t know, maybe I’m just full of shit.

You become insane from a head full of ideas when you don’t make good on them

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • It's good to read your comments on your son because mine is like 7 months behind yours. I can prepare myself. Mine shakes his head no and is starting to recognize pictures of people.

    How can your hockey pass the puck when it's captain is socially inept? Just skating around in circles staring at the ice with puck... fearful of the skater next to him...

    By Blogger Steve, at 11:11 AM, September 15, 2007  

  • Good post -- Yep, doing the leg work, and gettin the players you want -- you are in essence the Captain/Coach/GM.

    We're still friends - 80's, 90's, 2000's -- life that's not changing -- 200 miles, children (Soon to be 2 for me & wife) -- that makes some crazy changes --

    That, and work -- I mean, if it were say, 1950's we'd probably both be sluggin hardhats and lunchpails for Nekoosa Papers, Consolidated Papers, or the Soo Line Railroad.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:00 PM, September 16, 2007  

  • I still like the ska type music.

    along with a ton of other styles.

    Social Distortion/Circle Jerks & the Misfits are currently at the top of my play list.

    followed by Led Zep and others

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:02 PM, September 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home