Pure Gonzo Engineering

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

…hit me like a bucket of water. First there was the shock of it--BAM, right in the face!

I kind of knew I wasn’t exactly squared off in the mind, but I didn’t really understand the extent of it until I went to the Psychiatrist today. First off he has a bitchin’ office that’s on the fifth floor of this nice office complex. It has a spectacular view of Downtown Peoria (If that’s actually possible).

He seems nice, and intelligent, and we start to chat about me. I tell him where I’m from, a bit about the members of my family, and a bit of my background. I tell him why I’m there, how I’ve been feeling lately. I also tell him about my fear of death, puking in the morning out of anxiety, and how socially awkward I am. We only talked for about 30 min, but in that time he thought I was nutty enough to deserve a prescription for 10mg of Lexapro.

Wow, 30 min and he thought I need an anti-anxiety and ant-depressant medication. I accepted it and I guess I’ll give it a try. Perhaps I’ve gotten so used to my craziness that it doesn’t seem that bad to me anymore, but to someone else it actually is.



I need money for Lexapro!

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • Psychiatrist not physiatrist.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:23 PM, November 01, 2005  

  • fixed it

    By Blogger lawryde, at 1:26 PM, November 01, 2005  

  • shit... dude... we are clones.. I take anti-psychotics to help me sleep because I am freaking paranoid!!!

    Pretty bad when you are watching Gothika and as Halle Berry is running down anti-psychotics she gives to a patient that is freaking nuts and one of them is YOURS!!! And you take a higher dose than she gives the patient in the movie.

    Cheer up, man...

    By Blogger Steve, at 8:04 PM, November 01, 2005  

  • It's about time you let a professional look into your brain! They say that geniouses(sp) are often crazy. Anyway, welcome to the club.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:31 PM, November 02, 2005  

  • Alcohol is the answer. Now what was the question?

    By Blogger Chris, at 8:34 PM, November 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home