Pure Gonzo Engineering

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Give Me Money

So you may have noticed that I put up a donation button on the sidebar. So now, if you want to give me money, all you have to do is click on that button and follow the instructions. It’s secured through pay-pal, and you can even use major credit cards.

Why would you give money to me? Well, it seems as though all my shit is breaking right now, and I have no money. The thermocouple on my water heater broke, the battery in my car broke, my sewer line needs to be fixed, my health insurance premiums and co-pay are more than doubling in some cases, I have a baby on the way, etc. The list is long, and to top it all off I have large amounts of student loans and credit card debt to pay for.

So what will you get for your money?

In addition to the satisfaction of knowing you’ve helped my wife, my unborn child, and myself, live a better life, I’ve also set up gift ranges for those who donate:

$1-$100 range- I will send you a greeting card once a year with a summary of how I am doing and thanking you again for your donation.

Over $100- I will send you a greeting card, and a gift each year to show my appreciation for your generosity.
So there you have it. Why hoard your money until you die when you can give it away and make people happy. Come on! You can probably even deduct it on your taxes, because we all know I’m a big charity case.

Labels:

12 Comments:

  • careful, I might get generous...

    By Blogger Steve, at 2:14 PM, October 07, 2005  

  • Republican's aren't generous... are they?

    By Blogger lawryde, at 3:10 PM, October 07, 2005  

  • There is a myth going around that all Republicans are heartless...

    By Blogger Steve, at 11:32 AM, October 08, 2005  

  • I bet that $320 for the tatoo you just got would come in handy about now!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:15 PM, October 08, 2005  

  • It was either pay $320 for a tattoo or go criminally insane... I think I chose the better of the two options.

    By Blogger lawryde, at 4:41 PM, October 08, 2005  

  • INSTEAD OF PAYING $320 FOR A USELESS TATTOO YOU SHOULD OF PAID SOME BILLS!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:00 PM, October 11, 2005  

  • Hey anonymous, Fuck you!

    I'm on the verge of clinical depression, and tattooing is highly therapeutic for me. I don't have time to go see a shrink right now, so it was worth the $320 so I wouldn't have some sort of breakdown, unable to cope with the world, contemplating killing myself, etc, etc.

    It instantly made me feel better, and every time I look at it, it makes me feel better. I look at it 5-10 times per day. I'm sorry I'm not perfect like you and can cope with the reality of being a human being, but I can't and I need help, and I get it however I know how.

    By Blogger lawryde, at 7:54 AM, October 12, 2005  

  • $10 Bucks from me... Marq

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:04 PM, October 12, 2005  

  • Thank's Marq! You rule. Your website certainly rules, I frequent it daily.

    It's a sad commentary for the rest of you that some random kind Democrat who run's George Bush's America is willing to give me $10, and the rest of you just bitch about me getting tattoos to help ease my troubled mind.

    By Blogger lawryde, at 7:21 AM, October 13, 2005  

  • I think it is far less expensive to get a new tattoo than it is to pay for therapy which may or may not offer you the immediate relief you so desparately needed.I think "anonymous" must be a rather closed minded Republican.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:11 PM, October 13, 2005  

  • Still Impressed with your tattoo, Glad you got it instead of driving yourself off a bridge or other large road hazard..

    Hope your wife's pregnancy is going very well. I'm still waiting to get hired..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:56 PM, October 13, 2005  

  • I freaking hate anonymous heartless drive by spammers...

    Probably came from my site...lol

    By Blogger Steve, at 8:54 AM, October 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home