Pure Gonzo Engineering

Monday, September 26, 2005

I feel good today

I’m going to get a big tattoo on Wednesday. My wife suggested that I get one because I’ve been getting more and more depressed lately, worrying about this and that. It’s been over a year since I got one, and I guess I’ve been going through withdrawal. If you don’t have a tattoo then you won’t understand. I’m going to get a big, fuck off, old school, Sailor Jerry style tattoo on my left forearm. It’s going to have a banner on it with some words (you’ll have to wait till Wednesday night for those).

We went to the tattoo shop on Saturday, and just looked through flash till I found something I liked. Then my wife and I just talked about what to change about it to make it my own. It was just nice being in a cool tattoo shop. We showed up too late to have it done on Saturday, so I set up an appointment for Wednesday. I’ve felt better ever since. I’ve told people at work, and they just look at me like I’m batty. I feel even better.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • FREAKIN AWESOME....

    Is it gonna be a big ol' Sailor Jerry tat or are you just throwin it up on the under-forearm?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:18 PM, September 26, 2005  

  • Why don't you just put a little red heart on your left ass cheek with your wife's name inscribed below it? Or do you have that one already?

    Did you hear about guy who was down at a nude beach in Jamaica? He saw a native with the word "Wendy" on his dick. So the guy says to the native, "That's so cool. You got your wife's name tatooed on your dick." The native then says, "That's not my wife's name. It says 'Welcome to Jamaica. Have a Nice Day'"

    By Blogger Chris, at 8:34 PM, September 26, 2005  

  • It's like I'm a zen master or something. I'm so fucking cool.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:42 PM, September 26, 2005  

  • "A rose and a dagger, on the palm of my hand"--- David Lowery of Cracker in the song Euro Trash Girl.

    We're going to Hawaii in a week. Gonna go to a wedding Maybe my wife and I should bite the bullet and get some tat's.

    Probably some Kanji... Love and Peace, Rock N Roll or something... Who knows, maybe we won't have enough time...

    By Blogger Steve, at 10:02 PM, September 26, 2005  

  • I'm sorry that you work in a place that won't let you express yourself in the way you see fit.
    But you are a professional so I understand the rule they have of not have over the top visually distracting tatoos. (I think you have mentioned that in one of your previous posts.)
    Here's a good one. This is the new policy for tatoos for the Navy. To get a new tatoo, one has to request, in writing on a Special Request form to get the new tatoo. A copy of the graphic, or words has to be attached. Then the chain of command will evaluate it for offensive content. (i.e. gang symbology, sexually inappropriate graphics/language, inappropriate language) And then it has to be in a location that conforms Navy uniform regs. (i.e. It can not be seen with a long sleeve shirt, pants, socks, T-shirt.)
    I think location wise that's same as your work policy. Of course we can get tatoos on our forearms. What cracks me up, is that the chain of command has to appove the tatoo in the first place. Does this really change how kids get tatooed? I don't know, I don't really care. I haven't had any of my troops come requesting to get a tatoo, and I could give a fuck to tell you the truth. (I just care if they're drinking and driving, beating their wives, or other really stupid, more important shit.)
    Officially, though, that is the policy. So if anyone asks you, that's what is required.
    ~Josh

    By Blogger JPerry, at 5:14 AM, September 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home