Pure Gonzo Engineering

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Emotional Rollercoaster

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My wife hadn’t felt the baby kick in a couple days so she called the doctor. They told her to come in today so they could listen to the heartbeat on the Doppler. I called her halfway through the appointment and she told me they couldn’t find the heartbeat and were trying something else and she would call me back when she found out more. I was freaking the fuck out for the next 15 minutes. The longer it lasted the worse I thought it was going to be. I couldn’t handle another lost pregnancy. I grabbed my cell and went into a back room at work and called her again. When she picked up her voice kind of cracked and my heart dropped.

She said everything was fine though. They had found the heartbeat and heard it. The baby was also moving. She just couldn’t feel it. I was relieved.

Sorry for the blurry picture.





From New York on top of the Statue of Liberty
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • I guess I should say congratulations. Close one there. I hope your child is born just fine.

    By Blogger Kevin W., at 3:47 PM, September 01, 2005  

  • I'm glad to hear the baby is fine. When is your wife due?

    By Blogger Julie, at 10:50 PM, September 04, 2005  

  • When I was 12 wks pregnant, my midwife couldn't hear my baby's heartbeat with the doppler either. Yes, talk about freak me out. So, she did a quick scan with the ultrasound machine and we found the baby moving and his heart was indeed beating! Relief, bigtime! Now, here I am, 24 wks pregnant and the baby is kicking a good bit, makind sure I know he's alive and well :D

    I'm glad your baby is fine.

    By Blogger Alison, at 10:36 AM, September 06, 2005  

  • Glad to hear the little one is fine, becoming a parent can be a scary job, turns your hair grey.

    By Blogger madmom, at 7:25 PM, September 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home