Pure Gonzo Engineering

Monday, August 08, 2005

In the end we're all dead men.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Damn, Peter Jennings is dead. He was by far my favorite news personality. He’s one of the few I actually trusted to be honest and accurate in his delivery and analysis. Not like those crazy assholes at Foxnews. He didn’t have an agenda, and he was super cool. Fuck… it’s depressing he’s gone.

Good news is that it’s Friday for me. Tomorrow I’m on vacation for a week. I’m heading out to CT to see my sister and her husband and new child. My wife’s friend and husband also live in CT. We also plan to go to NYC and see the sights. I’ve never been there; my wife has though. Should be fun.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • In New York, look out for the alligators that infest the sewers. They usually pop out of the sewer traps and nip at your ankles when you walk by.

    By Blogger Chris, at 3:48 PM, August 08, 2005  

  • Gonna hang on the corner of 52nd and Broadway with Rancid?

    By Blogger Steve, at 1:27 AM, August 09, 2005  

  • NYC is a great place to visit. I went there for an eighth grade trip (along with Washington DC), but that was when I wasn't in as much control of my anger and I yelled at anything that moved. The trip didn't go too well. But the sights were great. It was back in 2002, so we didn't get to go inside the Statue of Liberty, but we at least went up the Empire State Building.

    But then again, I'm scared of heights. So that didn't go well either.

    Damn.

    By Blogger Kevin W., at 11:43 PM, August 09, 2005  

  • nice blog. I've been reading your comments on long-winded michael's blog. You certainly hold your own against the bible thumpin' right. keep up the good work!

    By Blogger Musicguy, at 12:53 AM, August 14, 2005  

  • Not all members of the right are "bible thumpers" Some have BMW's and Porches.

    By Blogger Steve, at 6:28 PM, August 15, 2005  

  • Ack! Porsches...

    By Blogger Steve, at 6:29 PM, August 15, 2005  

  • And some are crazy 15-year-olds.

    By Blogger Kevin W., at 6:53 PM, August 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home