Pure Gonzo Engineering

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

David Bowie makes me think that there is a God.

Not many things in this life convince me that God actually exists. In fact, most things in this life convince me of the contrary. Like last night I was watching a show on discovery health about Fetus in Fetu or when a twin goes wrong and one of the twins is absorbed by the other and forms a parasitic relationship with the healthy twin. An 8-year-old boy in Russia had nerf football size Fetus in Fetu removed from him that had hair and humanoid appendages. It was fucking gross.

But as I sit here listening to the Best of David Bowie, I feel heartened that there is in fact a supreme being watching over us all. There’s something about the structure, harmony, and lyrics that just gives me a good feeling about life and everything else. Normally I listen to metal or something hard, but sometimes some good old fashion rock and roll is just what you need.

I’m past the honeymoon period at work. It’s beginning to bore me. I can’t stand almost everyone at work. I feel undervalued, and taken advantage of. I need to work on my tattoo machine and get it to work. Get out of here and start selling it worldwide. Go from tattoo convention to tattoo convention making my living. Not be anyone’s bitch anymore.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • When you are rich beyond compare with your tattoo machine, you can reflect fondly about your days in the corporate world while looking down on us poor working class SOBs.

    By Blogger Chris, at 11:34 AM, July 26, 2005  

  • I am hard pressed to believe that you actually need to work. If you're considered working class than Andrew and I are dirt poor hillbillies!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:08 PM, July 26, 2005  

  • I thought there was a God when I saw Roger Waters and David Gilmore playing together again for Live 8 but then MTV interrupted the solo in Confortably Numb to show us a Bam Margera commercial and all hope was lost...

    By Blogger Steve, at 9:03 PM, July 26, 2005  

  • That's because MTV is a bunch of idiots and can't appreciate real music. They actually think that rap is something other than "idiot music". But then again, rap isn't really music at all.

    By Blogger Kevin W., at 11:29 AM, July 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home