Pure Gonzo Engineering

Friday, July 29, 2005

It's on like Donkey Kong Bitch.

So after much ballyhoo and water cooler talk, I decided to go strait to the horses mouth and find out if I could still go see my English supplier in Manchester. There’s nothing like getting your information from a reliable source.

So I’ve gotten the OK from the next level, all I have to do is write up an itinerary, and it will get run up the flag pole to see if it’s cool. I think it will be. You just need to appease to what they want to hear, and that’s how much money you’ve already saved, and how much money you’re going to save in the future.

Man I was pissed when I thought I wasn’t going to get to go. Much relief now… all the naysayers are the ones who are wrong now. The dudes I’m going with seem pretty cool too. Should be educational and fun. Just have to make sure I don’t get blown up in London.

My parents are en-route to Peoria. I don’t know what I’m going to do with them for four days. Peoria isn’t that interesting. I am excited that they’re going to see me play hockey. I was a nerd and a geek in high school, so the last time I participated in a sporting event that they saw was back in 8th grade. My dad played a lot of baseball and football in high school. I always felt like I was disappointing him since I never was any good at sports. He was happy I was super smart, but I’m sure he wouldn’t have minded it if I would have been good at some sport. Anyway, I’ll get to showcase my hockey talent. Not that I’m very good, but I’m a pretty good “C League” player, and no one can tell me that I can’t skate.

I got scared I was going to be a father today. A buddy and I are reviving some old drinking traditions we had when he was single and my wife was in California for the summer. It’s a lot of fun, and I’m willing to bet it will stop when I have the child. As I thought about it though, it doesn’t bother me. I’d rather have a son or a daughter than a drinking habit.

I’ve been on a Marilyn Manson kick at the end of this week. I’ve been listening to Antichrist Superstar, HollyWood, and Mechanical Animals. They’re really good albums. Each one is very unique sounding, and they all kick ass.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • You suck. I don't even get to relive those old drinking habits now. My life will be way crappier than yours when the baby comes.


    I hate Peoria.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:09 PM, July 29, 2005  

  • I want to see stats of something like 12goals 20 assissts and 50PIMS out of you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:04 PM, July 29, 2005  

  • I gave in and linked you to my blog. That'll help you retain your number one ranking on Google, thus increasing my own ranking within the other "Steve's Blogs" out there.

    If any other conservative nut jobs come over here because of my linking,you have my blessings to ridicule and scare the shit out of them as well. After all it is a free country.

    Gonna go pop a Guinness...late

    By Blogger Steve, at 2:20 PM, July 30, 2005  

  • Enjoy your trip to England. I went there a few years ago for spring break. I was primarily going to vacation, but I was able to fit a lecture in at Imperial College, and thus was able to write a good portion of the trip off on my taxes.
    Those kids at Imperial make most engineering students over here look pretty lazy. 8 hours of lecture every day and home work and projects on top of that. Of course they only have exams once a term.
    Drink some Guiness for me, as I can't drink a damn thing over here. :-(
    Less than 80 days left. WooHoo....

    By Blogger JPerry, at 5:28 AM, July 31, 2005  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger JPerry, at 5:30 AM, July 31, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home