Pure Gonzo Engineering

Monday, August 29, 2005

Doctor Jekyll

I’m kind of torn as to whether or not this weekend was good or not. I wanted to get a bunch of shit done but I didn’t for a few reasons.

My wife wanted to get a new dog because our 13-year-old dog was “lonely”. So we went shopping for dogs on Saturday at a few different shelters. They were spread all over central Illinois so we had to drive for like 2 hours to get to them. We ended up finding a 4 year old Beagle named Hyde who was really nice and well tempered so we adopted him. He’s been pretty good so far. He had one accident where he peed on our downstairs couch, but I guess that’s to be expected. He gets along well with our other dog and our two cats. I told my wife that one of the other animals has to die before we get another.

The other shitty, literally, thing that happened was that our sewer backed up again. Two months ago we had roto-rooter clean out the line, and they were unable to get the large cutter in to clear out the tree roots in the line. They thought that it was a slipped joint right outside the house. This time, the guys thought that it was just a matter of the angle at which they were trying to get the cutter in. It’s an old house, and there’s only one entry point into the sewer line. I initially thought the main sewer line was in the front of our house, but I think that it’s in back. This makes sense. Not being able to get the big cutter and clear out the roots, the things backing up. I put some root killer down the drain, and I’m going to investigate how much it will cost to get a cleanout put in my basement. I’d bust up the concrete and just have the plumber put in the cleanout ($300-$500). Hopefully that’s the case, and it’s not actually a slipped joint, which would require major excavation ($3000-$5000).

I had to change the oil in my car on Sunday, and then play hockey. We only had five skaters for the final game of the season so I had to play for 60 minutes. It was pretty brutal, but we ended up winning. I scored a goal, had a few assists, and finally got quick enough hands to win face offs straight back. I also fucked up Roast-Beef’s shit all night. He’s the fat kid who I can’t stand, he should be in B league and thinks he’s hot shit. He skates amazing fast for his weight. He’s a cocky sonofabitch. I slashed him, elbowed him and tripped him. (I only got caught once). I know that sounds bad, but he did all of those things and more to various players on our team. You need to stand up to bastards like that otherwise they just keep on doing what they do.

After hockey I was blasted, so I just sat and watched the Video Music Awards until it was time to sleep. I didn’t get the painting done I wanted to.

London in Two weeks, I think I know what tattoo I’m going to get in Manchester. The old school drawing of the tattoo machine in black lines. I think it’s the appropriate thing to get in the birthplace of the industrial revolution. I’m thinking on the left ribcage (ouch!). If it didn’t hurt though, it wouldn’t be cool.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • best of luck with the sewer situation. yet another reason I'm terrified to own my own home. If something happens in my apartment, someone else is stuck with the bill :-)

    By Blogger Musicguy, at 1:24 PM, August 29, 2005  

  • Heh. Go lawryde! Kick the shit out of that fat dumbass!

    By Blogger Kevin W., at 3:19 PM, August 29, 2005  

  • I swear to God, in a weird sorta way our lives are parallel. You gotta new dog and had to deal with that this weekend and our cat we have found has asthma. (See photos on my photo blog)
    The sewer thing? Well I had a backed up sink that I snaked. The hockey fight? Well Saturday night, my friends and I played poker until Sunday Morning. This son of a bitch there kept taking me for a ride. He was making bets he shouldn't have made and caught river cards left and right. Then the dickhead started smarting off claiming his luck was skill. He bragged about his chips and what not and ridiculed me. I mean this went on and on for like a solid hour while everyone else was quiet. So I stood up finally and asked if he'd like to get knocked the fuck out! I said we can go outside and settle this and I guarantee out there, he was not the chip leader... That bastard shut up the rest of the night.

    By Blogger Steve, at 8:17 PM, August 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home