Pure Gonzo Engineering

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

700 Miles of Fun

So I went back to my Birthplace this weekend, the lovely and scenic Wisconsin Rapids. I had to take the truck because I was picking up a sweet old roll-top desk, a changing table, a dryer, and a crib. I decided to splurge before I left and buy a K&N air filter for the truck in an attempt to get better gas mileage. Typically I get about 17.5 mpg on the highway. With the new filter I got about 19 mpg, not too bad for a V8.

On Saturday my Dad and Brother-in-Law ditched me when they went golfing without me. I don’t really golf anyway, but it was just the fact that they went without even seeing if I really wanted to go that got to me. After they got back, my Brother-in-Law and I went to go see “The Forty Year Old Virgin”. If you haven’t seen this movie yet, drop what you’re doing tonight and go see it. It’s the funniest damn movie I’ve seen since “Old School”. Seriously, go see it. I haven’t laughed so hard at the movies in a long ass time.

On Sunday we had grilled some steaks and my parents had some friends over. They’re teachers, so their friends were my old teachers. My High School Spanish teacher and her husband to be exact. I grilled the steaks because I’m a fucking grill expert. I don’t actually know if I am or not, because maybe people just say that the steaks are grilled well because they don’t want to hurt my feelings. Who knows?

That night I had this dream where I was just bawling like a baby. It was just all night long, I dreamt that I was crying. I think it’s because I feel pretty distant from my parents. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. When you push away as hard as I did, people are going to take some steps back.

The next morning we loaded all the shit into the truck, and I headed back. I had to take a detour to Milwaukee to pick up the dryer and crib. I finally got back home in just under 8 hours. It only took 5 to get there.
In 5 days I go to England for “work”.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Watch that K&N filter! For some reason the one in my Porsche never gets dirty... because the dirt can pass right through to the engine. I have had mine for three years with 15k miles on it. Never dirty... why?

    By Blogger Steve, at 7:49 PM, September 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home