Pure Gonzo Engineering

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

In Utero

This weekend I was able to throw away the shackles of Peoria, and head back to the verdant hills of Wisconsin. On the way there, my wife and I were at each other’s throats for one reason or another, and I finally snapped and yelled at her. She wasn’t happy about that, and I thought she wanted to divorce me at that very moment.

We were able to make it to my mother in laws, and things immediately got better. Ah yes, the underlying reason for the trip was a baby shower for my unborn son. Yup, the cat is out of the bag now. We’re having a boy. There’s really no doubt about it, ultrasounds are remarkably clear. I saw his junk flopping around in the amniotic fluid.

Anyway, the next day, Saturday, we took a trip to Madison to soak in the wonder that is the state capital. It really is the best place in the world to live, it consistently ranks #1 in America to live. We walked around campus and State Street in the balmy, sunny Fall weather. It was great. We made our way to the Terrace and sat by the lake a bit. Normally we would have stayed for the Halloween festivities, but since my wife is pregnant we had to skip out this year. Yes, there was pepper spray used on the crowd again, something like the fourth year in a row. It’s really sad that there are a bunch of assholes from out of town that feel the need to start all this crap.

The baby shower was the next day, and I spent most of it watching football. I did participate in the present opening. We got a ton of stuff. When we left, the entire bed of the truck was full.

We both had Monday off, so we took our time getting back home. It’s still an awful trip, and I can’t wait to move closer to Wisconsin.



If you forgot to give a baby shower gift, there's still time!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home