Pure Gonzo Engineering

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The Growing Storm

So I finally broke down and bought a washing machine. If you want to help me pay for it, you can always give me some money. It’ll be nice to be able to just go downstairs to do laundry now rather than loading up the car and going to the Laundromat.

I was also looking for replacement racks for our Hotpoint dishwasher because ours are all corroded and shit. They want $100 a piece for top and bottom replacements. Fuck! I mind as well buy a whole new machine for that price. The dishwasher works really well other than the crappy racks. If anyone out there has a Hotpoint dishwasher they’re scrapping and wants to give me the racks, that’d be sweet. I looked on EBay, but no one has any up for sale.

Winter hockey starts this Sunday. I’m ready. This lull from summer to winter league has left me soft and weak. It’ll be good to hit the ice again.

I often wonder if I’m really, really smart, or if people around me are just really, really stupid. I don’t know.

Someone, tell me if this is tax fraud or not. I’ve used all my flexible spending money already, but lets say I have $1000 left over. I go to Wal-Mart and buy $1000 worth of Aspirin, which is covered under flexible spending. I submit this and get reimbursed for the $1000. I then go back to Wal-Mart and return the $1000 worth of Aspirin, unopened and resalable. Is this fraud? Will I go to Federal Pound-Me-In-The-Ass Prison for this? How could I possibly be caught for this? (Other than the feds reading this post.)

I feel like I’m in the eye of a hurricane right now. Everything appears to be OK, but I know that a huge fucking shit storm is going to hit soon.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • The feds would never know about you cheating on your flexible spending account. If you cheated and felt guilty about it later, you could always claim the $1,000 as miscellaneous income on your tax return so that you could have federal and state income tax withheld since you haven't paid any income taxes on the amount you put in your FSA. This doesn's sound like something you would do if you are already cheating on your FSA. Of course, there's always the reward I would get for turning you in. Then you pay a big fine. So I wouldn't go around advertising this if I were you.

    By Blogger Chris, at 3:55 PM, October 18, 2005  

  • Shit storm is brewing over here right, I fired a letter back to my landscapers for their inept ability to read and follow a contract. I asked for the removal of the supervisor on my project. He called me today and left me apologetic message wanting a meeting and then said at the end, "I don't know what you are mad about." The company is a multi-million dollar company with 15,000 clients in my area. This supervisor is a small fish in a big pond. I didn't return his call, I am letting him hang. He's shitty Twinkies right now...

    It was the right thing to do, they've fucked up so many times here now.

    Check the Sears catalog for those racks. I am sure they part that stuff out at minimal cost.

    By Blogger Steve, at 6:32 PM, October 19, 2005  

  • Typo city...

    By Blogger Steve, at 6:33 PM, October 19, 2005  

  • I must be doing something wrong. I didn't own my first washing machine until I was 41. I had great facilities in my place in New York, but everyplace else sucked, so I went to the Laundromat because I could do three weeks of laundry (washed, dried, folded) in one hour. Now it will take three times longer and more trips up and down the stairs.

    By Blogger Chris, at 9:24 AM, October 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home