Pure Gonzo Engineering

Sunday, February 07, 2010

You Have to Know the Answer to this Question.

Narrator: [Tyler steers the car into the opposite lane and accelerates] What are you doing?

Tyler Durden: Guys, what would you wish you'd done before you died?


Ricky: Paint a self-portrait.


The Mechanic: Build a house.


Tyler Durden: [to Narrator] And you?


Narrator: I don't know. Turn the wheel now, come on!


Tyler Durden: You have to know the answer to this question! If you died right now, how would you feel about your life?


Narrator: I don't know, I wouldn't feel anything good about my life, is that what you want to hear me say? Fine. Come on!


Tyler Durden: Not good enough.



I didn't feel good about my life this morning. I was tired and angry, and I didn't want to be awake with the kids, and I didn't want to go grocery shopping, and I didn't want to be in Peoria, and I didn't want to be working a job I find no meaning in anymore.

Luckily we went skating this afternoon. Carter was able to let go of the buckets and just hold my hand and skate. His fourth time on this ice and he's almost on his own. Pretty impressive. Oz is just too young. Somehow he fell on his but and bit his lip and was bleeding about 5 minutes into the whole thing. Poor little guy. He looked so tiny on the ice, totally out of place. He's not even two yet.

Then tonight while most people were enjoying the Super Bowl, I found a spot on one of my basement tiles. Devil water... There is no containing you. Turns out I had fucked up my drain line routing on my kitchen sink back when we did it a year or so ago. I didn't have the straight far enough into the trap so the little ring didn't have enough surface to seal on. So I ran over to Lowe's and grabbed and extension and put it in. No leaks after running a bit of water through it and the dishwasher draining into it. I probably should have looked for a vacuum breaker since my vent pipe in that line is also fucked, (I'm guessing a possum is stuck in the line, or so my Canadian friend and I have theorized) but I was in a bit of a hurry at Lowe's so I didn't stay and look around much for the breaker.

Tomorrow we are supposed to get like 5-7 inches of snow. Maybe I won't have to go into work, or Tuesday maybe.

I told my wife I had a good feeling that some company was going to call me this week. Either that or the feeling relates to some other looming system failure in my house. I guess I'll find out.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home