Pure Gonzo Engineering

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

I've Got Special Unique Specialness.

I've met God across his long walnut desk with his diplomas hanging on the wall behind him, and God asks me, "Why?"

Why did I cause so much pain?


Didn't I realize that each of us is a sacred, unique snowflake of special unique specialness?


Can't I see that we're all manifestations of love?


I look at God behind his desk, taking notes on a pad, but God's got this all wrong.


We are not special.

We are not crap or trash either. We just are.
We just are, and what happens just happens.

And God says, "No, that's not right."


Yeah. Well. Whatever. You can't teach God anything.

I long for a phone call from any company in the Milwaukee or Madison area I've applied to. I'm a really good engineer. I swear it. Don't take all the negative things I say here seriously. It's just where I come to blow of some condensed water vapor. (See I didn't even call it steam. Steam isn't visible. I'm super smart.)

I have no desire to start working on another machine at work. I like (or in some cases can put up with) my D6 guys and don't want to deal with other people's quirks and expectations.

My lusted after shin guards are somewhere between here and St. Louis right now. They will be in my hot little hands by tomorrow, in time for rat hockey on Thursday, and I even already got my Federal tax return so they are paid for too. Not that I dropped all that money just on shin guards, I just allotted some for fun stuff, not just fixing and paying off stuff.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home