Pure Gonzo Engineering

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Oh no! I know!

A helping the universe post today. Maybe it will increase traffic to my blog.

I've been making ring tones because I know how now. It took me scouring over the internet since I don't have a web browsing phone, and I didn't want to pay anything for them.

So here is a tutorial on how to make yourself free ring tones for an env3 on Verizon. It would probably work for other phones too, but I know it works for the env3. If you don't have unlimited text messaging it's going to cost you.

If you have an .mp3 file you like, skip to the next step. If you know a youtube file of a song, or of a funny saying you want as your test message alert, go to this website to convert it to an .mp3 file.

youtube to mp3

Once you have an .mp3 you can chop it up to whatever size and place you want on this website

.mp3 editor

Now is the tricky part. How do you get that bastard on your phone? At first I was using this website to send myself a multimedia text message

free text message site

That site started to not work every time so I figured out that if you email your phone with the .mp3 file attached to it then you can save it as a ringtone.

For Verizon you need to send it to:

yournumber@vzwpix.com

There it is, free ring tone.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • I tried that before. I could save it as a text message, but then i couldn't find it through the ring tone menu. I found a program - can't remember the name right now - but it makes an image of your phone and transfers it to your computer. Then you can fix any contact information, add pictures and ring tones just by copy and paste. And it saved a backup of all the settings. Should work for all phones.

    By Blogger B.B., at 1:18 PM, January 27, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home