Pure Gonzo Engineering

Saturday, February 06, 2010

Getting it in Under the Wire

My mind is like a fog. I have no good ideas for a post, and am just trying to put something down out of obligation to myself in saying that I would post once per day until my birthday no matter what.

Today the snow outside was perfect. It had melted a bit from the sun and the boys and I and the dog went outside. I picked up handfuls of snow and wadded it up into a ball. Carter tried to do it, but he kept pushing too hard and they wouldn't stay together for him. I made a few for him, as I made my own and threw them against the dead/dying tree in our back yard.

The pop of a snowball as it impacts something is one of my favorite winter sounds. There's no other sound like that. It ranks right up their with the scrape of skates on the ice, and the sound your breath makes when it's absolutely silent out after it has just snowed. Pure and distinct sounds, ones that would make you sad to be deaf.

I'm a lousy aim so I only got to hear it four times out of like twenty. We went inside and did mundane things for the rest of the day.

The perfect snow made today worthwhile.



Still kind of seems like a StoneSour song to me. Live you get a bit more of the special percussion though.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home