Pure Gonzo Engineering

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

12, 8, 73

Last Friday 50 contract workers got let go at the sandbox. Laborers, engineers, technicians, no field was spared.

It was a nice cap to President Obama visiting Opposite of Dog, and the Peoria area on Thursday. I’m working on my doctored photo of myself and the President. I like to fictitiously introduce all Presidents that stop by Opposite of Dog.

He was standing in front of the machine that I designed the cooling package, air intake, and exhaust system on. So if you look at the exhaust stack and pre-screener you can see what a kick ass engineer I am. The machine to his far left I’m doing the hydraulics development on. It was like I was right there with him in a far off, vicarious, unreal way.



I think if I get laid off I’ll become an appliance repairman. I fixed our like 25 year old dryer. One of the support rollers bushings had seized on the shaft it rotated on. That ripped the bushing off of the plastic hub and made the drum kind of bounce and make a horrible noise. It’s so quiet now you can’t even really tell when it’s done running.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

  • 25 year old dryer? I thought you were one of the energy efficient tree huggers? WTF?

    By Blogger Steve, at 1:58 AM, February 18, 2009  

  • Dude, I'll use a 185 hp 9-liter diesel engine to power a laptop at work. I'm a bad Liberal in that way.

    By Blogger lawryde, at 6:40 AM, February 18, 2009  

  • Don't tell anyone, they'll take away my membership card.

    By Blogger lawryde, at 6:40 AM, February 18, 2009  

  • And kick you out of the union... :)


    Don't tell the other Republicans: I recycle.

    By Blogger Steve, at 11:48 PM, February 18, 2009  

  • The pundits on "Meet the Press" were taking swipes at big US companies this morning, and mentioned Opposite of Dog by name, saying it has a powerful lobby in Washington and will use that to get out of paying taxes when Obama raises its taxes. This was shameful they said when O of D is making money hand over fist and paying its top exec millions of dollars each. I read the O of D proxy statement last year and wondered how I could get a ride on the executive gravy train down there. Wow. CT

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:02 PM, February 22, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home