Pure Gonzo Engineering

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

And Still I Want

I was watching primary coverage last night because it amuses me to no end how Hillary Clinton can come up with a new argument each time it becomes more mathematically impossible for her to win. She’s leading in the popular vote now!*

*That is if you don’t count the caucus states, and you include Florida which everyone (including her) agreed at the beginning of the process wouldn’t count, and you include Michigan that is the same as Florida with additional bullet the Obama wasn’t even on the ballot.

Amazing. I can’t wait until she bolsters her popular vote count with Puerto Rico whose voters don’t even get a say in the general election.

The thing that really bothered me though is the Kentucky results and the West Virginia results last week. Something like 20% of the “white working class” people who voted for Clinton admitted that race was the determining factor in their vote. That’s unbelievable. Not only the fact that these racists would admit they are racist, but also the fact that you know that percentage is actually higher because most people don’t want to admit to another human being they are racist.

Clinton just panders to these assholes, touting how she connects with hard working white people. Then she has the audacity to complain about how sexism has hurt her campaign. Don’t pull that shit when you’re quietly accepting the help of racism.

The Republican’s aren’t going to get their wish. Obama is going to win. They won’t have a figurehead to hate; they’ll have to somehow combat a message of hope and positive change.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • If Al Gore can do it, so can Hillary.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:51 PM, May 21, 2008  

  • um, last I looked, Al Gore isn't the president- so a lot of good that will do Hillary. It's Obama all the way!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:13 PM, May 21, 2008  

  • Is there any talk about Obama taking all of the sexist votes? Wonder why the sexist question wasn't posed. If people are bigot enough to not vote for an African American chances are they are probably sexist and will throw a vote to McCain. Sad. I wonder if any research has been done on this. Interesting. I wish I had more time to look into that issue - in the future that will be an interesting study when we can look back knowing the outcome of the election.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:20 PM, May 22, 2008  

  • I don't think all sexists are racists. I think that other way around would be more of a true statement.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:44 PM, May 22, 2008  

  • That's what I was saying - that if people are admitting to being racist, I'm guessing they are likely to be sexists, too. I wish I had time to do more research into it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:58 AM, May 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home