Pure Gonzo Engineering

Friday, June 23, 2006

Twas the week after Father’s Day

Since I don’t really lust after material goods for the most part, my wife and son had somewhat of a dilemma as to what to get me for Father’s Day.

They ended up getting me a $100 gift certificate for American Inkwell. Now I had a bit of a dilemma, what do get inked on me for the rest of my life. Well, I guess it’s not that big of a decision, but a dilemma nonetheless.

I wanted to continue my “old school” sleeve on my left arm. The only problem is that the subject matter for old school Sailor Jerry style tattoos is limited. I’ve already got the swallow, spider web, and eagle piece. I scratched my head for a few days and looked at some old school shit in the tattoo books I have and online. Nothing really spoke to me. I’ve said before that I’m beyond the deeply significant requirement for tattoos, but I still need to think “Fuck that’s cool” before I want it on me till my skin rots off.

Finally it hit me, at work of all places. I had been toying with the idea of a horseshoe, but really didn’t have anything more than that. Horseshoes are supposed to be lucky, and so are four leaf clovers. The whole good luck charm thing is kind of stupid though. The only words that popped into my mind were “Luck is when the arrow hits the guy next to you”. Perfect. Put an arrow piercing the horseshoe and four-leaf clover with that phrase above and below. Fantastic concept, really fucking cool.

I headed over to American Inkwell yesterday and talked to Kalib about the design. He roughly sketched something up and we figured out where it would be on my arm. I’m going to head back on Tuesday to take a look at his finished drawing, and then we’ll set something up to get it put on.

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • There aren't many places left. Consider this:

    A young man truly in love with his girlfriend decided to have her name tattooed on his penis. Her name was Wendy, and the tattoo was done while the penis was erect, so when it was not erect all you could see was W Y.

    Shortly after the couple was married and they were honeymooning in Jamaica, the man was in a bathroom in Jamaica, and standing next to him was a Jamaican man who also had a W Y on his penis.

    The American said to him "Oh is your girl named Wendy too?"

    The Jamaican replied, "No, Mon that says, 'Welcome To Jamaica Have a Nice Day'".

    Now you could have "Stephanie Lawson!" tattooed on your unit and when you were not aroused, it would say "Spew On!"

    By Blogger Chris, at 11:55 AM, June 23, 2006  

  • I'm not really comfortable with you talking about my junk...

    By Blogger lawryde, at 11:59 AM, June 23, 2006  

  • ROFL

    By Blogger Chris, at 5:28 PM, June 23, 2006  

  • you're the coolest daddy I know
    Your comment to Chris made me laugh outloud.LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:16 PM, June 23, 2006  

  • I am just wondering how Chris actually sat there and thought about "Spew On". It's the back story I'd be interested in more so than it being tattooed on Lawryde's garbage.

    Chris are you into linguistics as a hobby?

    By Blogger Steve, at 1:08 AM, June 25, 2006  

  • I spelled out Lawryde's wife's first and last name and looked for a sequence of letters that might actully be somewhat humorous.

    By Blogger Chris, at 1:21 PM, June 26, 2006  

  • Chris, you sick bastard!

    By Blogger Steve, at 7:14 PM, June 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home