Pure Gonzo Engineering

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Jesus Tap Dancing Christ I’m nuts…

I have a shit load of tattoos on my body. I’ve been through more than 50 hours of painful inking.

So why the fuck am I so nervous about getting tattooed this afternoon?

My body doesn’t like it when I break from routine. It revolts physically when my brain tells it something different is going to happen. Its first impulse is to vomit. I thought I was over that, but this morning I yakked before showering. Maybe the Jambalaya I made last night didn’t sit well with me, but I doubt it. It’s just my mind playing sick jokes on me.

To top it off I forgot the gift certificate at home. Now my wife has to bring it to me at work. (She was going to stop by anyway and say goodbye. She and Carter are going to her Mom’s to visit, go to Summerfest, and go to a wedding on Sunday. I have to work tomorrow and tomorrow and Monday, so I’m not going with.) Anyway, this makes me even more nervous and edgy because there’s all this other potential for things to go awry. Shit I’m batty. I need this tattoo to even me out and release the necessary endorphins.

I do feel a bit better after getting some lunch in me. Also, we go 20” LCD monitors at work. They’re tits. Now I can angle my monitor so people in the next row can’t just glance over and see what I’m doing. Makes for easier time theft.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Did somebody say "whack job"?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:18 PM, June 28, 2006  

  • yeah well, this apple computer is on a 27 LCD inch monitor and I have no office to go to in the morning... suckah!!!!

    Good luck with the tattoo!

    By Blogger Steve, at 11:43 PM, June 28, 2006  

  • Nice tattoo.

    Don't worry about Carter. He had a great time at Summerfest last night. He can really handle hard liquor, loud music and the crowds. At one point he was dancing like the Ally McBeal baby. He's a Schrader all the way.

    By Blogger Chris, at 12:10 PM, June 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home