Pure Gonzo Engineering

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Holy Shit

So my wife took Carter in for his first office Pediatrician visit. He weighed 8lb 3 ounces when we left the hospital. Babies lose some weight from when they are born and the first few days. Today he weighed 8lb 14 ounces. In five days he gained 11 ounces. Apparently the average weight gain for 0-4 month olds is 5-7 ounces per week. He’s really packing on the pounds. Mama’s milk must be good stuff.

Anyway, I own a cell phone and I like it. It’s convenient and I don’t have to have a landline to be bothered by telemarketers with. I think that etiquette and fashion are worse off though as a result of the damn things. At Opposite of Dog the fashion retarded (there are a lot of them) wear their cell phones on their belts. I just toss mine in a desk drawer and maybe check it at lunch and then grab it when I leave. Do you really need to have your cell phone on your belt ready to answer some stupid ass call? These dickheads don’t even have the common decency to turn them to vibrate during meetings. The shit rings and they make a bunch of noise getting up and leaving. I had my phone on me when my wife was around the time she was going to give birth. You should only have to have your cell on you at work and be willing to answer it at any time if you have a life or death situation going on in your life. PERIOD!
Should I get an old school horseshoe or a swallow tattoo with Carter’s name in a banner? I don’t know. I’m kind of torn.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • First, let me say that I not only love youas my dtr's hubby, I really LIKE you, as well. I just like how your brain works. Anyway, that being said, I personally prefer the swallow/banner w/ Carter's name on the bannner. Very tradional... but I suppose it depends somewhat on where you're putting it.
    As to cell phone thing, you and I both know most people think themselves to be far too important. Turn the ringers off, check messages if needed, but stop thinking the world can't function unless Mr. Over Important calls them back!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:31 PM, January 18, 2006  

  • You know I fought the damn cell phone thing. I lost though. I have to have it for my job, and it's most comfortable on my belt. It does ruin my whole look and above all I'm against it which makes me a hypocrite.

    Fresh

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:32 AM, January 19, 2006  

  • I like the belt thing except when it sticks out too far. If I put my phone in my pocket, the antenna will eventually break off, which it did twice this year. So it's best to have a belt clip if you're going to carry your phone around.

    As for the tattoo, I'm with Jenny T.

    By Blogger Chris, at 10:18 AM, January 19, 2006  

  • I've known you LONGER,

    and I would DEFINATELY go w/the Old School Horseshoe... especially since your baby is a BOY.

    Thank you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:05 PM, January 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home