Pure Gonzo Engineering

Sunday, January 15, 2006

"You guys!....Do you know where I can find the clitoris?" "The what?" "Is that like finding Jesus or something?"

Ah, my first night of sleeping with a baby in the room. I think I ended up getting about 7.5 hours of sleep since I really can't do anything when he's feeding. I played hockey last night since my mother-in-law is here and helping us out.

Those Peoria Firefighters are still such assholes. They've got a couple ringers on their team and they brought their cheap ass game again. We were beating them 4-3 in the second, but they started to pull away and we ended up losing 8-6. Their goalie is insane, he slashed one of our guys like five times and punched another guy in the throat with his catcher and didn't get ejected. This league is so fucked. It was still fun, I got to stretch my legs after being in the hospital for three days.

But yeah... Everyone always says that the birth of your child is one of the most amazing things in the world, it's like finding Jesus or something. It really was an incredible, emotional experience. That was more relative to the fact that my wife was going through this amazing physical labor, which was so intense to be involved in, and then it just climaxed into this screaming birth of my son. It didn't really make me believe more or less in some sort of higher power. I'm not all that blown away that I was able to play some part in his creation. Maybe that's the generation Y in me, but I do still love him unconditionally. Whenever I close my eyes I can see his face, and whenever I hold him it's perfect. Right now nothing else matters but him. I still like tattoos (I'm going to get one in his honor, your child's name is the only name you can get tattooed on you since they're always yours), and I'm still a liberal, and I still like all the bad things I used to like. He's just on the top of the list now.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Technically, they can become not yours. Disowning and legal emancipation are two options.

    However, I doubt either of those will ever occur. Congratulations once again on the birth of your child.

    By Blogger Kevin W., at 1:48 AM, January 16, 2006  

  • Congrats on your new kid :)

    By Blogger ian006, at 10:46 PM, January 17, 2006  

  • Steph and Andrew, Congrads and the best of everything this wonderful, crazy life brings to you. When is the next one coming?!!!!!!!!!!!

    Love Lynn

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:13 PM, January 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home