Pure Gonzo Engineering

Friday, December 30, 2005

Waiting for Baby

Christmas has passed. It was OK. It was quiet. I didn’t really get as much in years past, but I really didn’t have a strong want for anything like in years past. Except for my spider web tattoo and I got that.

Now we’re just waiting. Waiting for the little baby to release the appropriate hormone from his lungs indicating they are ready to work in the outside world and bring on labor in my wife. I was hoping he would be early, born in 2005. All for selfish reasons of my own, a 2005 child tax credit, and a nearly free birth due to Opposite of Dog’s insurance getting far shittier (It would have been about $50, but it will be more like $1000 if he comes in 2006). He still has about 37.5 hours, but I’m not holding my breath. No matter... as long as he’s healthy and my wife is healthy.

I’ve had a bit of a renaissance revival of my Nintendo and Super Nintendo over this break. All you kids out there who’ve only know you’re Playstation 2 and Xbox have no idea the simple joy of Super Mario Brothers, Tetris, Iron Tank, Donkey Kong Country, and all the other fine 8-bit and 16-bit games out there. I sound like a fucking old man, don’t I? I will be a father soon. I guess I should stop saying “Fuck” so much. I wouldn’t want the boy’s first word to be “Fuck”. I think that’s too complex of a sound for a baby to make as a first word. If you look at almost every major language, the words for mom and dad are the same. It’s not a coincidence. The sounds for mom and dad are the easiest for a baby to say, and every parent wants to think that their child is acknowledging their existence as the first thing they utter.

Happy New Year to all. I’ll keep everyone posted on the baby situation, and put pictures up as soon as he graces the world with his presence.

There's still time to give my unborn child a monetary gift, or pitch in for the crazy $1000 bill I'm going to be spanked with at his birth.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Good luck in the whole process to stephanie..

    L-ryde, just keep your head straight, it's an impressive sight...but woah baby, it's an impressive feeling..

    Congrats for your soon to be here masculine child.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:36 AM, January 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home