Pure Gonzo Engineering

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

“Do I look like a goddamn Nazi?” I said. “I’ll have a natural American car, or nothing at all!”

Gonzo Engineering

What is Gonzo Engineering? Is it coming to work ripped and twisted like Raoul Duke, or is Gonzo Engineering something completely different?

Was Gonzo Engineering designing a tattoo machine in the midst of a Big Ten bastion of education and coming home with 4th place and $1000? Gonzo Engineering was beating out all the stiff shirts who thought they had a lock in with their pill dispenser for the elderly and their expiration date stickers.

I think that’s what we’ve lost as American Engineers, the Gonzo Engineering. Fuck man, we live in the best goddamn country in the world and the best we can do is not even place in the best cars on the market. Did we lose a war? Where is the Gonzo Engineering? Henry Ford knew what Gonzo Engineering was. American engineers now are uncreative bitches who don’t have the balls and the know-how that engineers before us had. It was Gonzo Engineering every day back then.

We’re too concerned about jerking off stockholders to practice true Gonzo Engineering, and we’re too afraid of the consequences of going back to Gonzo Engineering.

I am too, I’m afraid. I can see the hammer above me and I can’t be Gonzo Engineering every day like I should. I have to walk in step like the rest of them. Gonzo Engineering be damned.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • You need to do some work and stop reading that book.

    I haven't felt the baby move at all since that little one last night. I'm all freaked out. You should call me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:00 AM, December 20, 2005  

  • The American Car thing bugged me, that's one of the reasons I dropped the BMW and went for the GMC made Hummer.

    You are right. America is losing it's mainstay in technological advantages. There is one market though in automaking where America still rules. Unfortunately it's SUV's. In the 1960's when the term SUV was coined, America put up a tariff against SUV's. That's why when you look at Japanese SUV's they look cheap on the small competitive models and very expensive on the middle to upper end models. Other than that, America sucks!

    If your tatoo machine works, I'll be the first to try it!

    By Blogger Steve, at 8:22 AM, December 21, 2005  

  • You do know Henry Ford was a Jew-hating Nazi, right? His writings were used many times by Hitler's regime as propaganda.

    By Blogger Kevin W., at 10:47 PM, December 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home