Pure Gonzo Engineering

Friday, March 18, 2005

Saint Patrick's Day: The Aftermath.

Yesterday, I went on a Mcpub crawl to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. 9 bars in 4.5 hours. It was lots of fun, other than my wife not enjoying herself. We can never have fun at the same time. It's some sort of unwritten rule.

As I got drunker and drunker I started to talk more and more like Hunter S. Thompson. Since his death I've been reading tons of his work and watching all kinds of movies and documentaries about him. Also there is the title of the blog.

I don't know what it all means. Maybe I can't deal with who I am right now so I choose to project into someone else.

Last night I dreamt about fucking, but two nights ago I dreamt about my car not starting. More crap ass dreams. I should just dream about working, that way I could do it for 16 hours a day. It's been nice being on vacation for the last 2.5 days though.

I just finished reading "Choke" by Chuck Palahniuk. He's an amazing author. All of his protagonists are anit-heros that you grow attached to throughout the book. I highly recommend reading one of his books: Fight Club, Survivor, or Choke. It will broaden you horizons.

Tomorrow I get to see my best friend from high school. I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully tonight I won't dream about waiting in line at the post office. Fuck, now I will...


Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Not yet, it's next on my list.

    By Blogger lawryde, at 11:11 AM, March 19, 2005  

  • I was wondering why I hadn't heard from you in a few days. I hope you enjoyed St. Patty's Day. I saw the 6 p.m. news stories about the 30-minute waits outside the Milwaukee bars and stayed home. Have a great week.

    By Blogger Chris, at 12:04 AM, March 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home