Pure Gonzo Engineering

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

I've always thought Blogs are kind of dumb

, but I decided to start one anyway. If nothing else, it will give me something to do at work, other than work. I'm an engineer at that place that's opposite of Dog. We make big machines and I live 1/3 of my days in an open air cube. It's not so bad, I get paid, I get to use the web.

I often wonder what people did at work before they could go online and dick around. I think I'd go insane. Although I'm slowly going insane working here. I was semi-cool about a year two years ago... back in college. I had kind of the punk thing going, which gave me several tattoos. (Full back piece, right sleeve, other small extras).

Now I'm turning into a square. I figure the insanity I'm experiencing is a result of the transformation. Getting the mail is actually a highlight of my day. That's so fucking sad. I'm trying pretty hard though not to be like the rest of the zombie engineers. I try to dress fashionably, wear cool belt buckles, and also wear ties. You'd think that would make me more of a square, but since everyone here hates ties, I wear them to piss them off.

My rebellion has gone from getting naked women on my lower forearm to wearing flamboyantly colored ties. Jesus Christ

I live in Peoria, IL. I used to live in Madison, WI. Politically it's like moving from Sweden to Saudi Arabia. One of the most progressive places in the USA to one of the most conservative. We (my wife and I) mind as well be in the deep south even though we're only 1/3 of the way down IL. Oh yeah, Fuck the Illini and there stupid ass basketball team. God I hate basketball.

That will do for now. I feel less crazy. Maybe I'll make it to 25 before loosing it all. 353 days till that though.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home