Pure Gonzo Engineering

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The World is Horrible

I was watching BBC news America while Oz slept on my chest after dinner last night.

Due to high food and fuel prices 6 million children in Ethiopia are, or are on the way to being, severely malnourished. They had the shots of the kids with the flies on their eyes and mouth, too weak to swat them away.

Same situation in this province in northern India. Families are spending 100% of their income on food and it's still not enough.

Thank you dude with a Flex Fuel truck, you Ethanol consumption is driving up the cost of corn around the world. Thank you commodities trader with your speculation of oil prices driving them through the roof due to your "bad" feelings. I hope your getting some quality steak dinners as a result of your buying and selling.



Sick of these yet? I like them. Maybe after I do enough of them I could show them in an art gallery. Anything is art, right?

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • You oughta do a whole Andy Warhol type thing with the pics.

    My wife ate a Ethiopian restaurant down the street. I had no interest. I wondered if it was served in a United Way or Red Cross box?

    By Blogger Steve, at 5:53 PM, June 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home