Pure Gonzo Engineering

Monday, June 09, 2008

I WISH there was a rink in the basement

Carter wakes up this morning at like 2 AM and is upset, calling my name. I come in and lay down with him. Initially I only want to get him tucked in and go back to my own bed. He says he’s scared of the window. I tell him that’s OK and I’ll lay with him for a while. I cover him up and he’s shaking a bit. I ask him if he’s cold. He says yeah. Then he asks me “Make ice in house for hockey?” I laugh and tell him no dude, we’re not making ice in the house for hockey. It was pretty cold in his room. The temp dropped overnight and the A/C was still blasting pretty hard after it being 97 during the day. I let him cuddle up to me and we fell asleep.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • The carbon you burn using your A/C conflicts with being a liberal doesn't it?

    By Blogger Steve, at 2:26 PM, June 09, 2008  

  • Ahhh, but I'm supporting the US economy by getting my power from Coal.

    By Blogger lawryde, at 3:20 PM, June 09, 2008  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:34 PM, June 09, 2008  

  • We're liberals, but not liberal enough to be sweaty, smelly hippies with no air conditioning.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:37 PM, June 09, 2008  

  • Then you are not liberals... you are like the rest of us Americans without agendas: Libertarians.

    We just choose to associate ourselves with liberals and conservatives for unknown "causes" and popularity contests.

    My son wants a train set in the basement. That's what I get for taking him to the train museum. Good thing the actual, TRAIN was not running on Weekdays.

    By Blogger Steve, at 6:51 PM, June 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home