Pure Gonzo Engineering

Monday, June 16, 2008

Madison

Friday I took a vacation day, and we headed up to Madison for Ehron’s wedding. We got there about an hour before the wedding was supposed to start so we had to hustle to get ready in time.
We drove along John Nolan Drive and then Williamson Street on the way to Olbrich Botanical Garden. In the first five seconds on the road I saw more cyclists than I’ve ever seen total in Peoria. The lake was pretty high from all the rain, but there wasn’t any major flooding going on. The interstate to Milwaukee and north of Madison were closed due to flooding.

We arrived just in time, but the wedding didn’t start for another fifteen minutes or so. It was a nice short wedding, and then there was an open bar. I wanted a Vodka Stone Sour, the drink my alcohol grandmother introduced me to when I was underage. They didn’t have any sour mix though. What the fuck? All I want is Vodka, OJ and some sour mix. Ah well.

We ate some good food and I got a little liquored up since I haven’t drank in a while. Then we took a walk in the garden. It was awesome since there has been so much rain. All of the plants and flowers and trees were doing incredibly well.

We ended up leaving a bit early since Oz couldn’t fall asleep with the music.

The next day we got up gradually and made our way to the zoo. The other thing I love about Madison is that all of the fun things to do are free. We grabbed some lunch at Bluephies and then headed back south.

Father’s day I just relaxed and let the storms roll over. It felt good. I had a good time in Madison and a good rest of the weekend. This is turning into a pretty lame post, but it’s hard to write well when things are OK and find and dandy. There’s not really any passion in those feelings, no fire.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home