Pure Gonzo Engineering

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

I guess 3.5 million makes you think anything.

Officials: OCC creation is a perfect fit

Pictures of Cat Bike


I think this bike looks really fucking lame. It cost Caterpillar about 3-3.5 million dollars for this piece of work. And according to the show, it only took 4 days to build. I think we got ripped off. The older you get, the more detached you get about what is cool and what isn't....

"I wanted to put a bullet in the head of every panda that wouldn't fuck to save its own species. I wanted to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all the French beaches I'd never see...I wanted to breath smoke."

-Tyler Durden
Fight Club

That's how I feel right now.

I can't even remember all the things I was going to say about cool and what it is, and what it isn't. Fuck... I do know that when something surfaces to the accepted masses, choppers, tattoos, piercings, it is no longer cool to just do what everyone else is doing. You need to be original and innovative. The Cat chopper is not. Your tribal arm band is not. Your nose ring is not. Your lower back tattoo is not.

Where will my salvation be today?

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • i have a tattoo on my lower back. i got it before it was cool. since it became cool after i got it, does it make mine uncool. that seems to make it very hard for people to do anything. i believe belt buckles are very big right now. does that make yours uncool?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:40 PM, April 12, 2005  

  • It's great when someone does something cool and different. But when everyone else jumps on the band wagon and does the same thing, it doesn't seem so unique or special anymore. The trick is to always stay one step ahead of everyone else.

    By Blogger Chris, at 7:51 PM, April 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home