Pure Gonzo Engineering

Thursday, March 24, 2005

I'm doin' just fine

Every so often I get these rushes of fear. Like I'm a caged animal just waiting to be put to sleep.

The cold harsh reality that some day my life will end.

That the cosmic joke is that we are animals with histories.

Someone else on some other plain of existense is laughing their ass off at us.

In 10 years will anyone know who Teri Schiavo is?

In 300 years will it matter what car I drove in 2005?

In millions of years when the sun engulfs the earth as it supernovas, will it matter that I designed a muffler bracket on a track-type tractor?

Isn't it an insult to God to say that you can quantify the "word of God" using any human language? How can you describe something divine with words?

"Take courage mortal, death cannot banish you from the universe."-Benjamin Franklin

I like that. Ben was a Deist. I think he got it right.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home