Pure Gonzo Engineering

Friday, February 26, 2010

You Electrify My Life.

30 or so minutes into my birthday it was already a good day. I haven't felt that good since Archie Gimmel scored against Holland in 1978! I’ll have to remember to thank my friend? Will when I see him again for his butterfly flapping its wings creating a hurricane.

I was able to post every day for a month straight. I’m pretty proud of myself. I’m coming up of the 5 year anniversary of this blog. My wife says the tone and content of my posts has changed dramatically over the five years. I’ll have to start reading the archives and see. I imagine it has, when you know no one is listening you yell a lot louder. Now I can’t be fully sure who all reads this. I have a vague idea based on the IP traffic I can see. If you read this post, leave a comment. Anything. Just say hello if you don’t know what to say, or wish me a Happy Birthday, or I’ll block you IP address. I can do that. I’ve blocked several Opposite of Dog IP addresses so no one from work can actually look at this at work, can’t be too careful in that respect.

So yeah, there it is. I’m 29. It’s my last year of not being old. Yes, I’ve already got a careerish type job and a family and a mortgage, but if you’re still in your 20’s you can at least still say you’re in your twenties, grasping at those wonderfully free and burden free early twenties. Hopefully it will be decent, 28 wasn’t particularly great.


Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • Happy Birthday! (which I certainly remembered before I read your post - that's why I came to check in) FYI - I check in once a week or so. I think you have gotten a little 'angrier' over the years, but if you're not going to be passionate about your beliefs, you raise your susceptibility to being brainwashed into a mainstream automaton. So PLEASE - rage on!

    By Blogger Meghan, at 2:27 PM, February 26, 2010  

  • Same day as Johnny Cash

    By Blogger Steve, at 5:50 PM, February 26, 2010  

  • I'd love to be in my 20s yet. Ugh. btw - I haven't noticed any change in your posts. Can't recall how long I've been reading you but it's been quite some time I'm sure.

    By Blogger Nick, at 6:42 PM, February 28, 2010  

  • Happy b-day, a few weeks late.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:26 PM, March 15, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home